Thursday, September 25, 2008

Week numero 3

So, I must say that I am quite thankful for the meeting we had on Monday night. I feel like I am up to date on the tasks I have to complete, now, and in the next couple of years as I continue the journey of becoming an educator. I think that chalkandwire will be helpful and a nice little tool for future employers, but it's a downer that it costs money. On that note the PPST (which I am officially signed up for as of tonight = )) costs quite a chunk of dinero as well. This is upsetting, but it's one of those things that you have to take with a grain of salt. I understand the need to make sure that educators are qualified, but there are enough other things that we have to do to prove that we are competent enough to become educators, I just think that it's a bit ridiculous. I guess this is why we have to pay more attention to what we are doing when we vote, which is why I went to the LSEA Meeting tonight. I think that it was really good to hear both side's views on what they plan to do with the Education situation at hand.

Anyways...yes- this costs a lot of money, but it will be totally worth it once we get into that classroom!!!

1 comment:

Associate Professor of Education, Luther College said...

Sam,

Thanks for keeping up with your blog. It is too bad that getting certified to teach is getting so costly. It is true, however, that this is not different than other professions.

Jim